Friday, December 8, 2017

LC Boo

What is going on at AM550? Why can't they talk right?
 
 
Lindenwood College, BA, St Charles, MO, 1979
Theatre Major & Literature Minor

Dear Ms. Lord –

See the attached e-mail to Ms. Claudia Stedelin, as I continue to battle local critters I call “DrugThugs” in a motel I’ve described as, “Like the one John Belushi died in.” While that may be true, many creative deals have gone down in the Jim Morrison “Hollywood bungalow.” I may die a very old man awaiting the arrival of a local attorney who understands copyright law and how many have actually gone to jail for stealing songs, master tapes, screenplays, completed movies not yet released, etc. etc. etc.

As they say on the West Coast, apparently “They don’t get it” here in St. Louis about how you sell the movie script, attend many tedious meetings, make the movie, and this, I am sure you know, costs a lot of MONEY. Yes, I wrote to a producer of stature and asked for 120 million dollars. On a follow-up call I was given names and contact info.! Another producer who was consulted joked thusly: 

“We’ll look for your fax in a week.”
The faxing procedure was:
Write the copy on 2002 Windows XP
Save to an external drive
Take a bus to a public library
Print the fax for 10 cents a page
Fax the fax for $2.19 at FedEx

This would take a week on a good week with all of my automobiles wrecked intentionally by first class creeps. (A guy from Universal merely applied the LA “love bump” in 2008; Dana finished the car off in Agoura Hills). As I’ve said of my life in St. Louis 2013-2016, “It’s like homeless with a roof over my head.” How do you like my life with five book manuscripts, ten complete screenplays, an outline I’d first sweep the Burbank room for “bugs” before even discussing it, a great TV idea for a reality-game show, and about 48 movie “pitches” I was silly enough to write-up and put on my “new” 2009 HP hacker infested laptop.

Nothing is “secret” with me, including my disdain for the film industry. Maybe I’d feel better with a modest movie deal. Do ask my St. Charles LCI veteran if she might have interest in helping, and only she can explain what LCII means, because I won’t.

Bill H.

No comments:

Post a Comment