Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Tony for Curtis

I did not see that.
So, we are not talking about that.
Understood?


02.16.2018


Chief “Cuz” Curtis:

It is not your concern that it is my opinion, backed by considerable behavioral health experience, that I was almost killed on an errand to the Family Dollar that is in your community. Why do I think that?

At the appropriate time and in the correct place bogus Secret Service agent VALENTINE will be discussed. (There were two reliable witnesses and at least a dozen people quickly heard of it secondhand). When I reached the Yorkshire plaza I saw two people who seemed to be “lookouts.” A white female looked up at me from behind the wheel of a white van and laughed. Her black male passenger was rolling a marijuana cigarette. It has occurred to me many times that drug dealers likely have better phones than mine.

The observers quickened my westward pace at about 9:45 p.m. It was indeed close to closing time, and I noticed that for the first time in 18 months there was no one in the store except me. The clerk and I discussed what makes for a good cigarette and I departed about 9:55 a.m. I walked slowly out of concern about the white van that had been facing east when the businesses are to the west. Do you park facing the business you are patronizing? I do every time, but people around here don’t.

I immediately noticed that only a maroon Nissan sat at the CVS. There was also a white Toyota Camary by the ATM with no license plates. I just cannot do that without a ticket on the windshield. Next, I noted my “watchers” were gone, not drinking at Hot Shots. Lastly, the maroon Dodge van that is always there and parked overnight was absent.

Your local drug cult seems to be in love with dented gray cars and maroon/burgundy vehicles, usually a  SUV. Your police have not noticed the disproportionate number of gray cars? I have, and it is downright nuts compared to when I drove a girlfriend’s new gray Honda Civic 2000-2002.

Used car dealer John Rayman owes me $2,395, and many people know this. As I walked toward his lot I took cover behind a truck because Sunset Lanes bowlers will come out the door and heckle you. I heard a male voice coming from the east and he was babbling nonsense with the key work “miserable” repeated. When I saw him I immediately sensed a high level of danger. This is based on almost thirty years of evaluating for mental illness, drug abuse, and danger in hospitals and community clinics.

It got worse as he changed course and came right at me. He was dirty, disheveled, his speech made no sense, and in short, he was psychotic. I noticed an old fashioned backpack over his shoulder with flaps that used little belt buckles. He was white, about fifty years old and so is the backpack! A psychiatrist told me this long ago: “If you can’t make a diagnosis in ten minutes, you are an idiot.” I worked in hospitals, clinics, and on the street. Regarding working a crisis, I used to say, “You have ten seconds to figure it out.” (Or you might end up dead). In Marlborough I’ve shortened this to six seconds; four to assess, and two to figure on where run.

Had this man pulled gun, I had made the wrong decision in my two seconds and this is troubling me.

Option One was to go for the motel room door, but the electric lock system is sometimes slow.
Option Two was to run for the 7777 Watson bowling alley door.
Option Three was to hit the south shoulder, walk east briskly on Watson, and go to the motel office.

Option One was rejected in a half second in favor of Option Two. Wrong! If the man wanted to shoot me, I’d be dead in the middle of Watson Road. I was told as child, “You cannot outrun a bullet.” So if the “psycho” had waved a gun, Option Three is the correct answer.

The much bigger problem is that if the St. Louis County Police responded to this, they might well say, “Aw no Bill, that was a big piece of black licorice.” I would have said, “All licorice is black,” and slammed the door in their faces. You’ve got a big problem with policing around here, and I am not being paid to consult on this.

Thanks for your literacy,

William Hughes




No comments:

Post a Comment