Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Soldier Girl's Spring {Psychotic} Break


04-30-2019  2:49 p.m.

Steve –

Most of my family worked as lawyers, or had some type of legal training. I myself fit the mold as a bureaucrat, and I miss that sort of work every day. As you may recall, nobody wanted to drive to Jefferson City in 2014. The year 2020 will mark six years of me tolerating all manner of evasive crap. Let’s let Judge Hughes do the talking:

In 1904 Judge Felix T. Hughes, of the Superior Court of Iowa, wrote:

"My maternal great grandfather was Josiah Hughes and his sons were
John, Josiah, Leander, Orlando and Anthony. Taking my father's birth in
1808, presumably his grandfather, Josiah Hughes, was not born earlier that 1750. Josiah and all his sons got to Tennessee from 1820 to 1840. My paternal
grandfather William Hughes, had two brothers, Rice and Nicholas.”

"Orlando Hughes' wife, Elizabeth died in Cumberland, 1768. This Orlando
would be the grandfather of my paternal grandmother. You will note that
Orlando had a son Josiah and grandson Stephen and that Robert Hughes, June 19, 1733, conveyed to Isaac Hughes and his brothers son, Josiah, certain lands, then Stephen
married Elizabeth and so did Orlando. My grandmother, daughter of Josiah, was named Judith Hughes and so was the daughter of Stephen and Elizabeth. As I have said,
my grandfather William Hughes married Judith. I notice Powell, as a son of Leander Hughes. One of my father's brothers was named Powell and my grandfather's uncles
were named Nicholas and Rice.”

Source: Virginia Historical Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment