Saturday, January 20, 2018

Gulfstream _ Gulf Shores

Planning some terror? You need an "N" number for that, son.



June 26, 2017


Dear NARA Staff:

After further review in the “Memory Booth,” I am now reasonably sure Charles E. Hughes was not a C.I.A. guy but rather a Secret Service man. Charlie was a bit “obsessive” about travel preparations, especially when the “blended family” went on vacation.

What did we have?

A 1972 Impala in the driveway.
A 1970 Nova in the driveway.

August sun is hot in Saint Louis.
(Arguing with me yet? Calling me “crazy” yet?)

Hey, I hear Putin hates Hillary Clinton!
Russians were in the voting machine assisting Trump?
Man, what a mess!

Back to 1972, I was the emissary to ask, “Dad, can we get going?”
I never saw the man more agitated.
Why?
I think Richard M. Nixon was on the phone.

The audio please!

“For Christ’s sake, Charlie, there’s not a goddamn thing to worry about, and I guarantee it.  Now, I’ve talked to Bob too, and let me tell you, and let us be clear…this president does not want to see another tragedy. Charles, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.”

Let’s hear it!
(If Ms. Woods did not erase it)


Thanks,


William C. Hughes 


No comments:

Post a Comment