Thursday, March 22, 2018

(310)? No way LA!

My new lawyer will call Bob Mueller and speak what language?
Colgate? Didn't a Hughes teach there long ago?
That is my toothpaste brand, when I am not being tortured and disrespected.
Where?
USA! USA! USA!


08.28.2016



Pennsylvania Humanities Council –

I do not see any name on your webpage like the one Mel Goodman suggested could be found. Mr. Goodman was referred to me by the Center for International Policy in my ongoing search to determine what happened to my former college mentor and Dean, Dr. Craig Eisendrath. The search first took me to the Friends for a Nonviolent World (FNVW) where he had been a guest speaker. I was given some information by the Executive Director, and then rudely treated by an Administrative Assistant.

Could we not repeat that, please? I have been consistently referred to as a “straight shooter,” but this fails to pay the rent. A book deal or movie deal would. If you read the attached, presumably free of “malware” letter I thought was going to Craig, I was seeking a hopefully favorable book jacket “blurb” for my second nonfiction effort on national security issues. (Do not replicate this if you desire a “normal” life).

First, I find it odd that Dr. Eisengrath omitted the name of my school, LINDENWOOD COLLEGE, from his bio. Secondly, when he was offering friendly suggestions as a Dean and sitting in the same room as a famous politician from Minnesota, I did not know he had worked for the State Department. (Not that it would have mattered regarding my political opinions or expression of them in 1975, 1976, or 1977).

Thirdly, I did not know Craig had a hand in the first and to my knowledge only treaty banning weapons in space. He was, in my remembrance, a man so possessed with ideas, he could not express them fast enough, so let’s all yell “Bipolar Disorder!” as was done with my former PhD spouse and myself. I’d like you to know I told Medieval Studies scholar Gayle Margherita, “I’m not paying for lithium” in the early 1980’s, and by the end of Reagan’s “Star Wars” decade, mine was headed down the toilet too. “Feels kind of Russian” is one of my expressions for USA’s rapid spike in violence and commensurate decrease in common social courtesy. Apparently, for dissenters the Gulag is back in style, and it can skillfully be made to be your own home, apartment, or in my case, substandard motel room.

A fourth and newsworthy point about this Harvard man is that the worst nuclear command and control screw-up in history took place while he was a liberal arts college Dean and I was the calm Third Class FCC licensee at our 1,500 watt campus radio station, still on the air as KCLC. I think Communication Arts Department Chair and former KSDK Channel 5 employee Gene Uram is deceased, but for the record, he was the one who said, “Turn the radio station back on” with a news wire sheet on my desk that said: THIS IS NOT A TEST.

Did I mention I’m looking a lot like Howard Hughes’ son? The theory I’ve freely shared for many years alleges that Nevada nuclear test opponent Howard, “Took a shot at a Pentagon satellite.” His people did not miss, and they came to me as elderly Hughes Aircraft retirees. So did actress Terry Moore, who did not marry Howard, and still had a very high opinion of him. “I stayed in love with Howard,” she said. I thought a Hollywood trick had been played, as she made her way to an ADA van on a walker. No, it was Ms. Moore, who was still taking an acting class at the public building where I was “stuck.”

A fifth point is, given I do not commit crimes or “harass” people, I may have left my last message for super-liberal Minnesotan’s, and it ended with, “They sure need a new treaty.” No weapons in space? I submit to you and anyone who knew Dr. Eisendrath that a World War III fought faster than your teenager’s video game may take place when the next evil satellite can’t find a parking spot. This is why Boeing executives call me back, yet I still have no lawyer willing to represent me. If you don’t know Craig’s whereabouts, how about a referral to the Hollywood stereotype “Crusading liberal lawyer?” He or she is pure fiction? That would disappoint a man who subscribed to The Nation for too long. (National Review I read in the library).

Thanks,


William C. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment