Wednesday, December 12, 2018

WORTH in St. Louis = "Elevator Music"


 
December 11, 2018
 

Leslie –
 

The people at 80 E Hillcrest seem pleased I made it back to Saint Louis, but maybe I screwed up again. I suddenly had not a hassle in this world by doing the usual in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village. About my MSW as compared to LCSW, someone once said, “They can’t take that away.” Recently, someone asked who “they” are. My late dad often said “I don’t know” but I do
 

I know who killed off my whole family, and you would think that would get some attention. Not yet, so if I am to be homeless in the home town, I will gravitate toward hating everybody and everything. What a great lifestyle! This could be prevented if someone ever contributes a small sum for William to run for a political office.
 

All I can ask is for you to tell your husband and “ask around” for some MONEY
 

Back when I was new to Thousand Oaks, your son said, “I’ve got a better place for you to hide.” It was behind the Grant R. Brimhall Library, so please explain why I am doing the same thing at a library I paid for. Another “fun fact” finds me long ago following one of their part-time librarians in my 1990 Mazda 323 because his disability could lead to a panic attack on the way home. We drove on Clayton Road, not the highway due to this.
 

That was part of my job and that of Missouri’s mental health system back then. If I asked the oddly hostile librarians what became of that man, I guarantee they would not remember, or maybe I just talked to him. They hire disabled people here, but I don’t have any disability except poverty. As homeless Darrel would say in T.O., “The riots are going to start.”
 

Inequality is a deplorable “base concept” for a nation like USA.
 

This greed and insensitivity is getting worse by the day, and it could make Darrel right.
 

I called our 211 last night and the United Way call-taker was obviously not in St. Louis, given they could not spell the name of the community I am stuck in  It is called Frontenac, Nor could they successfully look up the Zip Code, so I did it for them while out in the 46 degree cold. As for me slowly starving due to Laura Flavin’s mental illness, they had no suggestion or plan. Maybe you could send me a box of food products at the library. It is at 1640 Lindbergh Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63131. Our “system” here is that bad.
 

William Hughes, MSW

 

cc: Denise Cortes

No comments:

Post a Comment