Tuesday, October 29, 2013

From The Source of All Human Knowledge + Bill's POL SCI 101

My all-time favorite's political philosophy can be summed-up 1000 Oaks-Style: "My freedom ends where my fist hits your face."

C. Wright said a power elite is generally a bad thing.

Bob Dahl says elites are not so bad if they get a good hustle on and behave as a sort of "democratic" plutocracy. I disagree.

Robert Alan Dahl (born 17 December 1915, Inwood, Iowa) is the Sterling Professor emeritus of political science at Yale University, where he earned his Ph.D. in political science in 1940. He is past president of the American Political Science Association and an honorary member of Manuscript Society. He received an honorary Doctor of Laws (LL.D.) degree from Harvard University in 1998. Dahl has often been described as "the Dean" of American political scientists.

I like you, too. Got a lift to Houston? Salt Lake City? St. Louis?
I read his books from 1953 and 1963.
Newer ones?
Barnes & Noble burned down by reactionary thugs yet?
Don't make me call the Polish Falcons.

bh


ME AS POTUS?
"ADMIRAL, HE WAS FLYING IN BAD WEATHER AGAIN AND ACTING ALL CRAZY. HE DUMPED MY MEN OFF THEIR SEATS WHO WERE NOT BELTED IN AND SEVERAL WERE INJURED. HE WAS CURSING AND YELLING AND ALMOST COLLIDED WITH AN OSPREY. HE'S REALLY NUTS! WHAT CAN WE DO?"

No comments:

Post a Comment