Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hacked to Kibbles & Bits

A Saudi guy tried to give me his Firebird.
I said "No thanks" to him.
As for the drug dealer on this porch?
Hacked yet? 

June 5, 2018


Dear Missouri Muslims:
 
Like many in this state, I am not happy with the manner in which your last governor left office. Therefore, as a former social worker and published mental health expert, I am thinking of seeking this office as a Democrat. What is today ridiculously called a “reach out” goes to your community early. You may wonder why, and it is very simple. I attended a Missouri college that had a sudden influx of Arabic students back in 1975-77, I do not recall one word spoken about religion. They did not ask mine, and I did not ask theirs. I wore their clothing from Saudi Arabia, and they asked about local car dealers. Why? The price of oil had just jumped rather dramatically and their families had become wealthy.

We all got along splendidly as the new students took ESL classes, or already spoke as if they had transferred from Oxford. It was only very recently that I studied the schism in Islam that created Sunnis and Shiites. I also learned there are far fewer Shiites. This might explain why I met so many people from Iran in California. There was not a “bad guy” among them, and I am rather skilled at detecting that. Most of the Iranians I met were professional people or owned a business. This may have resulted in my “reward” from an Iranian woman. She had located employment in the movie business and gave me a film school hat.

I told her this when she disclosed she had dropped out of the school. “You will learn much more on the set than in that school.” Unlike the stereotypes, she wore blue jeans, carried all of her bags herself, and refused assistance with them. She said, “My friends are here” and departed Union Station loaded down like a pack animal. This would speak to a great deal of independence, and no veil was seen. Yet in the world of politics, Clinton aide Huma Abedin has been accused of disregarding basic security protocols and putting classified passwords into the hands of foreign agents. To these allegations Republican Senator John McCain basically said people had made up lies about her.

This is the way they all seem to operate. It has never been my practice. People at my behavioral health jobs called me a “Straight shooter.” When I was a young man I marveled at liars, because they must be skilled at keeping the story straight that is untrue. When caught, they tend to lie some more. Then, as with President Trump’s people, they all need lawyers, and then their lawyers need lawyers. I found two lawyers willing to sell one of my screenplays, yet I’d rather try running for governor. The “key” issue? HATE. I’m sick of it. Frankly, I’m starting to hate certain people and groups too, and this is wrong.

To fight what young people call “haters” takes money. I have not asked for any yet.

William C. Hughes




No comments:

Post a Comment