Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy Anniversary, GunNuts


"For three years I was the social worker going out with police and deputies to pay a visit to people alleged to be both mentally disordered and dangerous. For thinking I might be able to run for governor, I now stand accused of being “mental” myself. To the contrary, I’ve sat in a lousy Marlborough, MO motel room and kept track of case after case where the lawman and even FBI gave guns back to individuals who should have been detained in a psychiatric facility. For example, the Orlando nightclub shooting never should have happened. Why? I saw video of Mr. Mateen sounding nuts on his security guard job and I also happen to know someone who works at the same security firm. How about this new law? Talking “crazy” while buying ammunition, as he did? The gun shop loses its business license for failing to call the behavioral health toll-free number. Selling ammo to “nuts?” The bait shop is closed down, per the law I’ve not written for you yet. Long ago, my dad did just that in simpler times."

No comments:

Post a Comment